We're in it for the long haul. Even if it's a short haul.
For trips that take you miles away from home or just a few blocks down the road, the Transit-Liner™ EFX from Thomas Built keeps up to 56 passengers comfortable and secure. The cockpit is designed for driver comfort and safety with ample legroom and optimized access to controls. Plus, our engine cover allows for quick, easy, tool-free access to the engine, fluids and belts, keeping routine maintenance time to a minimum. At Thomas Built we listen to our drivers, mechanics and customers to help us develop the best buses on the road. And with one of the most extensive dealer networks in the industry, there's always support nearby when you need it.
- Passenger capacity
Up to 56
136", 155", 174", 193", 212", 231"
Up to 36,200 lbs.
Cummins® ISB 200-260 HP
- Redesigned driver cockpit with ergonomic switch placement and spacious seating area
- 45-degree wheel cut
- Electronic heater control module
- Passenger loading functions grouped together
- High capacity air cleaner
- 78" headroom
- Low-profile engine cover with 12.5% aisle width improvement
- Heavily insulated engine cover
- Extra storage for personal items or emergency equipment
- Access door for CDL belt check
- Convenient fluid check hatch
- Industry-first engine access hood requires no tools to remove
- Streamlined electrical center for easy identification and access
- Fuse relay centers provide circuit protection and easy diagnostics
- Exterior electrical access door
- Front access to wipers, heater core and filter
- Lights equipped with plug-in connectors
- Display of fault codes in dash
- Customer accessory module for aftermarket component hookup
- Interactive dash information center with fuel mileage, tachometer reading, etc.
- Chassis electrical easily accessible in separate compartment
- Wheelchair lift
- Tilt and telescoping steering wheel
- Heated driver's seat
- Air suspension driver's seat
- Rear air ride suspension
- AM/FM radio/CD/PA
- Dual radio capability
- Remote and heated mirrors
- Reading lights*
- Various seat options available with bench seat without belts, with lap belts, with 3-pt belts; integrated child seat; or coach-style seating
- LED light packages
- Acoustical ceiling
- Overhead storage
- Underbody storage compartment
- Tinted windows
- Staggered passenger seating
- Commercial bus windows
- Customizable paint designs*
- Video systems – aftermarket only*
*Some options only available through dealerships.
Decade after decade, Thomas Built Buses has followed one simple philosophy: design and built the kind of bus that we'd want our own families to ride in. It's a simple idea and it works.
- Meets or exceeds FMVSS
- Roof bows extend to bottom of side panels
- 12-gauge steel rear corner posts
- Double bolted body mounting clips
- Fuel tank mounted between frame rails
- Maximum visibility windshield of 3,812 square inches