Safety Comes Standard.
Safety and comfort are never negotiable when you're transporting children. That's why we equipped the compact Minotour with all the peace-of-mind features that come standard in our larger buses, like the one-piece skirt-to-skirt roof bows and the 12-gauge steel wrap-around bumper. And, while safety comes standard in every Minotour, an impressive list of features can be customized to best serve you and your passengers. Since 1936, Thomas Built has been building safe buses to meet the needs of passengers, drivers and the community. And, with one of the most extensive dealer networks in the industry, nearby support also comes standard.
- Passenger capacity
Up to 30
Ford® Chassis: 138" or 158"
GM® Chassis: 139" or 159"
SRW 10,100 lbs., DRW 10,050 – 14,500 lbs.
GM gas 4.8L V8, 6.0L V8
GM diesel 6.6L V8
Ford gas 5.4L V8, 6.8L V10
- Propane option
GM 6.0L LPG 332 bhp with liquid propane injection system
- CNG option
GM 6.0L Vortec powered by IMPCO Automotive
- 73" interior headroom
- Interior dome lights
- Driver-friendly ergonomic instrument panel
- 6" x 16" interior rearview mirror with padded edges
- Thermal poly-fiber insulation
- Electronics mounted in interior service compartment with light
- Main circuit breaker located inside entrance door as master power to body
- Access to lights from inside the bus
- Wheelchair lift with 44" wide door
- Remote control/heated mirrors
- Driver's step
- Electrically operated front entrance door
- Dash and rear A/C
- Various seat options available: bench seat without belts, with lap belts, with 3-point belts; latch; integrated child seat; or coach-style seating
- Roof hatch
- Third center LED brake light
- Child reminder system
- Acoustical headlining
- Manual reset electrical circuit breakers
- Reading lights
- Overhood book racks
- Exterior graphics
The Minotour is so strong and durable that we parked our 18,000-pound Type D bus on its roof-without extra reinforcement. Its steel cage construction and one-piece, skirt-to-skirt steel rafter held up so well that all its windows and doors still opened easily without binding.
At Thomas Built Buses, passenger safety is our number one priority. Every bus we manufacture meets or exceeds all Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards for school buses. Designed into the Minotour are a number of innovative safety features, including:
- Meets or exceeds FMVSS/CMVSS
- Built like a full-size school bus
- Safety cage body construction with one-piece skirt-to-skirt roof bows
- Two internal roof crash rails for rollover protection
- Daytime running lights
- Four-wheel anti-lock brakes
- 42" x 47" glass-paneled rear emergency door
- Driver control panel placed overhead
- Manually operated front entrance door
- 306 square-inch Saf-T-Vue window