BUS REPORT Spring 2011
Register Now To Attend The 2011 Thomas Built Institute
Hands-on Workshops Help Keep Technicians and Vehicles Up to Speed
Back by popular demand and with an additional session, the 2011 Thomas Built Institute will bring fleet managers and technicians up to speed on the latest in bus best practices. This year, attendees can register for the May 10-13 event in High Point, N.C., or for the summer session, July 26-28, being offered in conjunction with the STN Expo in Reno, Nev. The curriculum includes:
- 2011 Emissions System
- Advanced Electrical
- Choice of one of the following tracks:
Type C: Multiplex, Service Link & Troubleshooting
Type D: Electrical & Fan Drive Coolant, Maintenance & Cost Savings
- Utilizing Websites, Resources & Wire Diagrams
- Factory Tours (spring session)
- STN Expo (summer session)
"Ever-changing technology, EPA standards and safety regulations are tough to keep up with," said Mike Stotler, service education manager for Thomas Built Buses. "The annual Thomas Built Institute offers school bus technicians a great way to get hands-on training and firsthand experience in small classes, all in less than a week’s time."
Participating technicians will receive 28 credit hours of continuing education. Early enrollment for both sessions is recommended, with registration limited to 100 participants. The May training costs $250 and includes lunch, while the July session is $225 per person and includes a STN Expo trade show pass. An upgrade to the July session is available and includes a pass to the entire STN Expo Conference for an additional $100.
Hands-on workshops help keep technicians current on inspecting, maintaining, diagnosing, repairing and more.
In addition to hands-on education, the annual Thomas Built Institute offers school bus technicians training in small classes.
Also in this issue:
- EPA 2010 C2s Deliver Improved Mileage, Enhance School District Image
- Alabama’s Transportation South And Thomas Built Buses Embrace "Love The Bus" Month
- Extraordinary Employee Heritage Is Common At Thomas Built Buses
- Kelley's Corner: An Update From The President & CEO
- Driver Of The Year Essay Contest Now Open
- Product Spotlight:The 95th Anniversary Bus Package